This episode #7 of our 9 part series on Denver ADUs with ADU4U.
On this webinar we will approach the ADU building process step-by-step and discuss the highlights of each milestone along the way.
- Find out if your property is zoned for it
- Identify a designer or architect
- Identify a builder
- Draw conceptual design
- Draw schematic design
- Go to neighborhood design review, if they have it
- Go to Landmark (if applicable)
- Submit to zoning and building department
- Go to Board of Adjustments if applicable
- Ge Permits
- Rough in utilities
- Dry in
- Interior work
- Rough plumbing
- Mechanical Systems
- Install Wiring
- Air Sealing
- Cabinets, shelving
- Plumbing and Electrical fixtures
- Certificate of Occupancy
Jeff Baker has a diverse entrepreneurial background including owner/operator of a brewpub, small start-ups, medical devices, and real estate investing. From Colorado, and living in downtown Denver, Jeff sees ADUs as an opportunity add these unique housing forms to existing neighborhoods everywhere.
Host: Chris Lopez, Realtor at Your Castle Real Estate. Chris helps house hackers and investors build a Denver based rental portfolio.