In episode #2, Charles Roberts interviews Mark Wood about buying his first investment property here in Denver. Mark's interest in real estate investing started about 8 years ago. He was slow to pull the trigger due to apprehension, saving a down payment, wondering "How do I get started?", and worrying about the market heating up. Sound familiar to anyone else?!? He pulled the trigger and purchased his first property this year! Mark shares great insight and tips about buying his first property.
"Real estate investing is about me and what I want. It's not about doing it the 'right way' that all the books talk about."
Highlights from the show:
- The "fun" <sarcasm!> of the first property he put under contract.
- How he handled the appraisal coming in at $9,000 under the contract price.
- Why he likes condos and townhomes, even though all the books say to avoid them!
- What advice he would give to himself 8 years ago when he first got interested in real estate investing.
- How he handled the Denver Housing Authority's rent that was $200 less than anticipated.
Resources mentioned on the show:
- Read the case study of Mark's property.
Questions? Ideas for future podcasts? Leave a comment!