In this week’s episode, Chris and Jenny interview Joe Massey and Katherine Gutierrez from Castle and Cooke Mortgage and ask lending questions that many investors want to know! Make sure to tune in to hear the answers to the most common questions that investors tend to have in regard to their loans.
We discuss a basic overview of loans that investors can utilize, such as:
- Hard money
- Private financing
- Conventional mortgage loans, and more specifically some of the differences between owner occupied and investment loans
- Listen to the podcast “#7: Lending in Colorado Springs” on the Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Conventional Mortgage Loans
With conventional mortgage loans, we discuss nuances that include:
- Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOCs)
- Cash out refinances
- Delayed financing
- Rate and term refinances
Some of the other topics we discuss:
- Are there differences in lending (costs, rates, requirements) in Colorado Springs vs Denver and other parts of Colorado?
- What about can you have the same loan officer originate your loan between Colorado Springs vs Denver and other parts of Colorado?
- What is the best way to determine whether or not to pay down points to lower your rate?
- The always famous question: Should I get a loan in my LLC or personal name?
- How do current rental properties come into play for calculating your ability to qualify for additional rental properties to purchase? How many can I buy?
Katherine Gutierrez from Castle and Cooke Mortgage
- If you have questions about lending in Colorado Springs or want to see about getting pre-approved, reach out to Katherine.