Join us in this fifth episode in our podcast series tailored towards both active and interested house hackers in the Denver Metro Market. Our guest, Andrew Lloyd, joins Chris, Jeff, and I in the new and improved Envision Advisors recording studio where we discuss a variety of topics including:
- How Andrew came across this crazy concept called house hacking and what really sparked his interest (1:40)
- How Alyson and I handle tenant issues at our current house hack (8:20)
- Jeff’s first house hack back in 2017 and does multi family always make a great house hack? (10:30)
- FHA vs. Conventional appraisal requirements (12:25)
- House hacking with new build townhomes (15:10)
- Andrew walks us through his experience to date with house hack #1 (21:35)
- What is your worst-case scenario for the Denver real estate market? (29:20)
- Mixing men/women and old/young in a rent-by-room situation (44:00)
- Link to a list of all unrelated parties in the Denver Metro Area. See Pg. 24 (48:20)
- Listen to the podcast “#259: House Hack Mastermind #5” on the Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Guest for Fifth Episode
- Andrew purchased his first house hack in November 2020 which is a 3 bed 3 bath in Lakewood. He did some work to make it a 6 bed 3 bath. Andrew is looking to continue and house hack as many properties as possible to build long term wealth and spend more time playing the entrepreneurial game.
- Andrew worked with Envision Advisors Agent Lauren Valinoti to find his house hack.
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
We record these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode or submit a question, reach out to Ben Einspahr – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
- Active Local House Hacker and Buy and Hold Investor
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on #4 House Hack!)
Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we launched the Ultimate House Hacking Guide which provides a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn’t your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.