Grab a drink and join us in this fourth episode in our series tailored towards both active and interested house hackers in the Denver Metro Market. Our guest house hackers Pat Doughty and Justin Bourn join Chris, Jeff, and me to discuss a variety of topics including:
- Concerns renting to family and friends and how to be proactive and avoid any possible conflict (10:32)
- When is the sweet spot to start searching for roommates (11:25)
- Speed of getting rooms filled vs finding quality tenants during the holiday season (13:00)
- Different rental platforms and pros and cons (27:47)
- Negotiating in a seller’s market (34:00)
- Make sure to stick around until the end and have some laughs with us as we all discuss our best and worst memories of our first real estate investment (55:00)
Guests for Fourth Episode
- Pat is a Project Manager in the commercial construction industry and officially closed on his first house hack on November 6th, 2020 (with a post-closing occupancy date of November 18th, 2020). The property is a 5 bed 2 bath single family home located in Arvada.
- Pat worked with Envision Advisors Agent Ashley Stieger to find his house hack.
- Justin is 28 and had real estate investing dreams since college. He finally put those dreams into action in 2019 through budgeting, paying off debt, and beginning to save for his first house purchase. He learned about the house hacking strategy in late 2019 and pulled the trigger on his first house hack in October 2020. Justin is planning to live in house hack #1 for a year, save, add a bedroom to increase cash flow, then move onto house hack #2 in 2021.
- Justin worked with Envision Advisors Agent Walker Noon to find his house hack.
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
We will be doing these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode or submit a question, reach out to Ben Einspahr – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
- Active Local House Hacker and Buy and Hold Investor
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on #4 House Hack!)
Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we launched the Ultimate House Hacking Guide which provides a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn’t your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.