This is the second podcast of our new series tailored towards Denver investors interested in house hacking. The idea behind this series is chatting with local investors that are either on their first house hack, in the process of closing on their first house hack, or currently working with our team in search of their first house hack.
Use this as a platform to virtually network and find mentors who you can bounce ideas off of and learn from.
We will be doing these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode or submit a question, reach out to Ben Einspahr - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
- Active Local House Hacker and Buy and Hold Investor
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on #4 House Hack!)
- Investor-friendly Realtor and Founder of the Denver Investment Real Estate Group
Guests for Second Episode
- Erik purchased a condo in Lakewood in 2017 and had his girlfriend (now fiancé) as a roommate. The condo is now being listed as a long term rental. He and his fiancé just purchased a split level home in Arvada with a separate daylight basement unit that will be rented out.
- Henry moved to Denver in January 2017 and rented downtown. He bought his first house hack in August 2020. It is a single family in Arvada with a mother-in-law unit. He subsequently added a wall to create a second unit. He is in the process of leasing out the second unit now and looking to get into investment properties and another house hack at some point.
Jeff Monteleone and Christina Como
- We have been renting in Denver for 6-7 years and purchased our first house hack in June of 2020. We purchased a 3 bed/3bath townhome and are renting to 2 tenants, one long-term and one medium-term in a furnished room. Our plan is to use the savings to purchase our next house hack the following year.
- (719) 338-9590
House Hack Topics of Discussion
Throughout the series, the panel will be discussing a variety of house hack topics including:
- House Hacking Renovations
- Nice to have vs. need to have
- Renovations, if any, to maximize rents
- Level of renovation that is comparable with return and timeline
- Finding good tenants/ getting your first tenant.
- Medium-term rentals
- During COVID
- Strategies for finding tenants for medium-term rentals
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
NEW! Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we are launching a new Ultimate House Hacking Guide that will provide a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn't your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.