We just kicked off a new series of podcasts tailored towards Denver investors interested in house hacking. The idea behind this series is chatting with local investors that are either on their first house hack, in the process of closing on their first house hack, or currently working with our team in search of their first house hack. This is the first episode in the series.
This is a great way to virtually network and find mentors who you can bounce ideas off of and learn from. They will tell you what works and what doesn't when it comes to house hacking.
We will be doing these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode, reach out to Ben Einspahr - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
- Active Local House Hacker and Buy and Hold Investor
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on #4 House Hack!)
- Investor-friendly Realtor and Founder of the Denver Investment Real Estate Group
Guests for First Episode
Chris Poesch and Jesteny Pascual
- Chris and Jesteny have been living and renting in Denver since 2019. They were fortunate enough to buy their first house in February of 2020 and have been enjoying the house hacking experience. They currently Airbnb the garden level private one bedroom one bath suite below their home and enjoy gaining supplemental income as well as meeting those from all over.
- Kendra has been investing in real estate since 2017, but she got her first house hack in April 2020. She enjoys the versatility of real estate investing and is looking for her next investment opportunity!
Karl Burkhart & Jenna Geatz
- Karl and Jenna have been living and renting in Denver for the past 8 years. They bought their first house in August 2019 as a house hack, renting the garden level in-law suite as a short term rental and now mid-term rentals (1-3mo). They enjoy the DIY experience of modern renovations, customer service and the supplemental income which they hope to reinvest in future house hacks.
- Alyson is a house hacking skeptic turned advocate. Day job in ophthalmology, background in hospitality, and proud co-host of a private guest suite Airbnb with her husband Ben. She most enjoys guest communications and watching the market for creative house hacks.
Ivy Savignon and Luiz Franco
- Ivy and Luiz have been renting in Denver for 3 years. They are excited to have closed on their first duplex property in August 2020 and will be renting the top unit as a long-term rental while living in the bottom unit. They recognize the benefits real estate can provide, are looking to learn as much as possible, and hope this will be the first of many investments.
House Hack Topics of Discussion
Throughout the series, the panel will be discussing a variety of house hack topics including:
- Buying turnkey vs. property that needs rehab for first house hack
- Rehab, hire out or DIY
- Flexibility with rental strategies, Short Term Rental -> Medium Term Rental -> Long Term Rental. Adjusting on the fly
- Managing house hacks on a day to day basis while living there and after moving out
- Tips for successful screening when renting by the room
- Any many more to come!
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
NEW! Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we are launching a new Ultimate House Hacking Guide that will provide a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn't your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.