This episode #8 of our 9 part series on Denver ADUs with ADU4U.
On this webinar we will cover ADU advocacy and provide tips to the audience on how to sell the prospect of ADUs to decision makers and potential critics.
- Tell your city you want ADUs
- Talk to neighbors
- Selling points:
- Dropping vacancy rates indicate housing shortage
- People moving into cities
- Affordable housing-Tap into city officials/politicians
- Increased densification
- Multi-generational households
- ¼-⅓ all houses are nuclear households = 25% of housing stock should be single-family-Kol Peterson
- Single family zoning does not represent true housing needs-Kol Peterson
- Works best in growing and housing taxed cities
- Pushing for change with zoning changes, eliminating exorbitant administrative/permitting fees, make the rules easy, pilot programs and incentives
Jeff Baker has a diverse entrepreneurial background including owner/operator of a brewpub, small start-ups, medical devices, and real estate investing. From Colorado, and living in downtown Denver, Jeff sees ADUs as an opportunity add these unique housing forms to existing neighborhoods everywhere.
Host: Chris Lopez, Realtor at Your Castle Real Estate. Chris helps house hackers and investors build a Denver based rental portfolio.